Math 170A Introduction to Numerical Analysis: Linear Algebra - Fall 2016
Instructor: Thang Huynh
Office Hours: Web & Fri 5:00pm – 5:50pm in AP&M 6341 (or by appointment)
Lecture Times: MWF 4:00p-4:50p CENTR 109
B01 M 5:00p-5:50p APM 7421
B02 M 6:00p-6:50p APM 7421
Homework and Exams
- Final Exam (Tuesday, December 6, from 3pm-6pm). Review Sheet.
- Old Exam 2 from previous year.
- Exam 2. In class, Friday, Nov 18. Covers 2.1,
4.1, 5.2, 5.3, 8.3, 8.4, and 1.7.
- Homework 4 Due on Tuesday, Nov 22.
- Midterm Solutions: Version A and Version B
- Practice Exam 1
- Exam 1. In class, Friday, Oct 21. Covers 1.1 to 1.5, 8.1, 8.2, and 2.1.
- Homework 3 Due on Tuesday, Nov 1.
- Homework 2 Due on Tuesday, Oct 18.
- Homework 1 Due on Tuesday, Oct 4.
Syllabus You are responsible for knowing the information and policies in the syllabus.
Calendar Important dates for the course in calendar format.
Final Exam Responsibilities An outline of the responsibilities of faculty and students
with regard to final exams.
Matlab: There are several ways to access Matlab:
Option 1: Use any computer in a UCSD campus computer lab with Matlab installed.
Option 2: Login to a UCSD virtual lab and use Matlab from your personal computer.
Option 3: Instead of using Matlab, use Octave, a free alternative to Matlab.
Sites with resources for assistance and tutoring
- OASIS UCSD's Office of Academic Support and
Instructional Services (Click here for info on how to sign up for a workshop.)
- Calc101.com Automatic Calculus Derivatives and
Other mathematics related sites